Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Nichole's Blog

One thing that I am interested in learning and experiencing is teaching in an environment with limited resources. The urban setting that I am currently in does not have many resources, whether quality anti-bias children’s literature or paraprofessionals to help guide struggling children. I have seen the “book rooms” that Erin spoke about during my original placement in a Holt School. I have also witnessed classrooms in which the only literacy instruction is done by using old, tattered, miscellaneous books that the teacher has accumulated over time. Our goal as teachers is to provide all children with equal education, regardless of socio-economic status, ability, gender, or race. However, it sounds much easier than it really is. I want to learn techniques to go about reaching that goal, regardless of what the school environment is.

No comments:

Post a Comment